This home cooked cucumber with salted soya bean sauce is super easy to prepare. I usually eat raw cucumber. Yesterday, I prepared this dish for my age-old parents who no longer have strong teeth to chew the crunchy raw cucumber.
- 1-2 cucumber (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon salted soya bean
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon black soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 4 tablespoons water
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the chopped garlic till fragrant;
- Put in the salted soya bean, fry for 30 seconds;
- Pour in the water and cooked till the mixture is boiled;
- Put in the cucumber, cook for 1 minute, add in the black soy sauce;
- Cover the wok and cook for another 2 minutes till the cucumber is soften (cook for another 1 minute only if you prefer the cucumber to remain crunchy);
- Pour in the corn starch with water mixture and cook till it boiled.
- Dish out and serve with rice.